Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao is the social awareness campaign. BBBP is making the parents celebrate the birth of a baby girl instead of getting unhappy. Hundreds of years have witnessed Indian families not rejoicing on the birth of a girl child. Not only in rural areas but also in educated urban areas. On top of it, many families used to go for female foeticide. Social and family constraints did not allow Girls to go to school.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Hindi [PDF]
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana aims at making girls independent both socially and also financially through education. This approach of the Government can facilitate in generating awareness meant for women.
Despite all the campaigning and laws framed, the process continued without much awareness. However, after the new Government led by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. An effective initiative with a new campaign has been launched. The social campaign aims to generate awareness and improve the efficiency for girls.
The Child Sex Ratio (CSR) census data for 0-6 years was 933 girls per 1,000 boys in 2001. This dropped to 918 girls for every 1,000 boys in 2011. The 2012 UNICEF report ranked India 41st among 195 countries. The 2011 Population Census revealed that the population ratio of India in 2011 was 943 females per 1000 of males. The Sex Ratio 2011 shows an upward trend from the census 2001 data
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Benefits in Hindi
- The scheme aims at making girls independent both socially and also financially through education.
- The approach of the Government is to generate awareness and improve the efficiency for women.
- Government has launched ‘Sukanya Samridhi Yojana’ for the benefit of Girl child.
- The CSR has crossed up to 950 females per 1000 males in just 2 years.
- During the last two years, the ratio of women police officers has increased.
- The government is giving high priority on the quality of education for the girl child.
Strategies of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- Implement a sustained social mobilization and communication campaign.
- Place the issue of decline in CSR at birth in public discourse. Improvement of this would be an indicator of good governance.
- Focus on gender critical districts and cities.